Mike's Road Trip to the Sage Inn Hotel - Santa Fe, New Mexico
The Santa Fe Sage Inn & Suites is an excellent choice for affordable downtown lodging that connects you to the heart of Santa Fe. The hotel offers 155 attractive, comfortable rooms with a wealth of complimentary amenities including a downtown shuttle, ‘Fresh Start’ breakfast, exercise facility, guest laundry and wireless high-speed internet. We are located only six blocks from the historic plaza and across the street from the Railyard Park dining and shopping district.
The Santa Fe Sage Inn & Suites looks forward to connecting you the heart of Santa Fe!
What makes Santa Fe so exquisite is the wide array of things to do and experience in the city that locals refer to it as “The City Different”. Some of the accolades that Santa Fe has received from Travel + Leisure are # 1 Cultural Getaway, City for Best Weather and Peace & Quiet. For the 20th year in a row, experienced travelers who subscribe to Conde Nast Traveler magazine have voted Santa Fe as one of their favorite travel destinations in the U.S.
We love sharing our love of Santa Fe…. Here are some ways to experience Santa Fe within walking distance of your favorite downtown Santa Fe hotel.
Foodie ParadiseIn 2012, Santa Fe was judged the Best Food Town in the country during the Rand McNally/USA Today Best of the Road competition. Adding to the list, Santa Fe was also named a Top 10 Food & Wine destination by Trip Advisor in 2011. Santa Fe is known for its savory indigenous fare, modern Southwestern cuisine and to its reputation as a food-lovers city.
Local nearby Restaurants:
- Whole Foods Market - 0.05 miles
- La Choza(New Mexican) - 0.06 miles
- Zia Diner(Restaurant and Bar) - 0.19 miles
- Tomasitas (New Mexican) - 0.19 miles
- Cowgirl BBQ and Bar - 0.20 miles
- Pranzo (Italian Dining) - 0.22 miles
- Kohnami (Japanese) - 0.25 miles
Relax in One of Our State of the Art SpasSanta Fe was named as #1 Spa and Relaxation destination by Trip Advisor in 2011. Stay at the Santa Fe Sage Inn & Suites and come experience pure bliss in one of Santa Fe's numerous luxury spas!
MuseumsSanta Fe is one of the Top 25 Art Markets according to American Style Magazine in 2011. There are more than 250 galleries to explore throughout the downtown district.
A Few Favorite Museums:
- New Mexico History Museum - 0.8 miles
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum - 0.9 miles
- Museum of Contemporary Native Arts - 0.8 miles
- Museum of Spanish Colonial Arts - 1.6 miles
- Museum of International Folk Art - 1.6 miles
City of MarketsWorld-class markets have been born and thrived in Santa Fe with Native American artwork and handmade crafts. Checkout out these popular annual markets!
- Railyard Artisans Market - 0.2 miles (Every Sunday from 10am-4pm)
- Santa Fe Farmers Market - 0.2 miles (Every Saturday & Tuesday 8am-1pm)
- Spanish Market (Every July) - 0.8 miles
- Indian Market (Summer & Winter Market) - 0.8 miles
- International Folk Art Market (Every July) - 1.6 miles
ActivitiesSanta Fe Sage Inn Hotel Amenities:
Experience Santa Fe (Ask our friendly staff for reservation and transportation suggestions):
- Winter Sports: Skiing, hiking, ice skating, and snow shoeing
- Summer Sports: Hiking, biking, golfing, swimming, horseback riding, and numerous competitive and fun runs.
- Dale Ball Trail System - Over 30 miles of scenic hiking trails - 5.6 miles
- Randall Davey Audubon Center & Sanctuary - 6 miles
- Nambe Falls - 16 miles
- Ski Santa Fe - 77 trails/3 mile long run - 16.5 miles
- Tent Rocks National Monument - 38.5 miles
- Bandelier National Monument - 44.2
- Pecos National Monument - 32.6 miles
- Valles Caldera National Preserve - 58.4 miles
As you can see, the Santa Fe Sage Inn & Suites truly does connect you to the heart of Santa Fe and all that it offers within walking distance. For those guests that don’t want to walk, we do offer a complimentary shuttle.